whole wheat banana blueberry muffins
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
People ask me all the time how I get my kids to eat breakfast before school. I guess most kids have a hard time getting up and eating right away. For us it’s just never been an option. Breakfast is important, and we don’t skip it, ever.
I think it helps when you make them them a breakfast that they like. I may not enjoy getting up early, but two or three days a week I get up a few minutes earlier than usual to make them pancakes or waffles before school. Charlie likes eggs, Stella cereal, so those make an appearance too.
And I always try to have muffins on hand. One of my favorites lately are these banana blueberry muffins. They are a great way to use up ripe bananas, which we always seem to have on the counter.
On mornings when I struggle getting out of bed (like today) muffins make a great, fast breakfast paired with fruit or yogurt, and the extras make great lunch box or after school snacks. And with teenagers in the house we go through a LOT of after school snacks.
- 2 cups white whole wheat or whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 4 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- heat oven to 375 degrees
- grease or line muffin tin with liners
- combine all dry ingredients
- whisk together the eggs, bananas, butter, milk, and vanilla
- pour the wet ingredients over the dry, and stir just until combined
- carefully fold in the blueberries
- spoon into muffin tins, cups will be full
- bake at 375 for 25 minutes
- cool in pan 10 minutes, and then remove to rack to finish cooing
back-to-school breakfast from friends –
you may also like