wheat free | dairy free banana nut pancakes
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
These are the BEST ever banana nut pancakes,
and I do mean the best ever.
Plus, they are wheat and dairy free,
no butter, no oil, very little sugar,
and did I mention they are the BEST ever?
Well if I did, it is worth mentioning again.
I don’t have anything against wheat and diary, god knows I would die without my cheese and bread,but I have noticed that I feel better when I don’t eat wheat and dairy. Stella has even mentioned a few times that she thinks dairy doesn’t agree with her all the time.
And pancakes, we LOVE our pancakes, but after a stack a nap is usually in order.
Breakfast should energize not weigh you down, and when your body gets what it needs, it just feels better.
These banana nut pancakes are made with whole grain oat flour, cashew meal, and creamy Silk Cashew milk – with fewer calories than even skim milk. The sweetness of the banana reduces the sugar used and eliminates the need for butter, making these a lighter and delicious alternative to traditional banana nut pancakes.
- 1/2 cup oat flour (I use Bob's Red Mill
- 1/2 cup cashew meal/four
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 ripe banana, well mashed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup Silk Cashew Milk
- combine the flours, baking powder, salt, and sugar'
- whisk together the banana, egg,vanilla, and 1/2 cup Cashew milk
- pour the wet ingredients over the dry, and stir to combine - if the batter is too thick, add the additional cashew milk
- spray your griddle with non-stick cooking spray
- heat to med-low heat (about 300 F)
- pour batter by 1/4 cup onto griddle
- once bubbles appear on the surface, and the edges begin to dry, flip and cook the other side until golden
- pancakes may be kept warm in the oven
- serve with syrup and sliced bananas
for Silk coupons and other good things like giveaways and delicious recipes sign up for the Silk Newsletter
This conversation is sponsored by Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.