vegan zucchini dark chocolate muffiins
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
don’t let your zucchini haul go to waste. these vegan zucchini dark chocolate muffins are the prefect anytime snack.
our garden is mass producing zucchini, and that makes me quite happy. i look forward to zucchini season all year. most gets eaten as zoodles or grilled, but you can’t not love a loaf of zucchini bread or a batch of muffins now and then.
these vegan zucchini muffins are easy to make, incredibly most, and not too sweet. the best part…they make it perfectly acceptable to eat chocolate for breakfast.
easy vegan zucchini muffins
vegan zucchini dark chocolate muffins
- 1 flax egg ( 1 Tbsp Flaxseed Meal mixed with 3 Tbsp water)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 ripe mashed banana (the browner the better)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened plant based milk (i used Almond Milk)
- 1 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 2/3 cup Almond Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 3/4 - 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks
- preheat the oven to 375°
- lightly grease or use parchment paper cupcake liners in a standard 12 cup muffin pan
- in a large bowl combine all of the muffin ingredients except the chocolate chunks
- stir just until everything is combined and then fold in the chocolate chunks
- cover, and let the batter sit 15-20 minutes to allow the oats to become well hydrated
- spoon the batter into the prepared muffin pan, and bake 30-32 minutes
- cool muffins in pan
not a chocolate fan? replace dark chocolate chunks with walnuts or a combination of nuts and raisins. either way you are going to love these vegan zucchini muffins.