lemon loaf cake with blueberries
this lemon loaf cake with blueberries will add a little bit of spring to your day even if the weather does not agree
So, 5 years ago this February I started blogging. I cannot believe it has been that long. As a SAHM, I was in need of something just for me. A creative outlet. I found a few blog/baking communities that all made the same recipe, and posted on the same day. This sounded like so much fun, so I created a blogger page. The first group I joined was Tuesdays with Dorie. I have always been a fan of Dorie Greenspan, and loved her books. When I joined the group they were cooking their way through Baking with Julia, another of my favorite books to cook from. I loved seeing how everyone’s recipes turned out, and it got me hooked on blogging.
This lemon loaf cake with blueberries is based on the lemon loaf cake recipe from Baking with Julia, and was first published in April 2012. The photos have been missing from this and many of the early posts for years. When I made the switch from blogger to WP, they went missing. This past weekend the weather was glorious, and made me feel all bright and springy. So, I baked another lemon loaf with blueberries, and figured it was time to update the post.
lemon loaf cake with blueberies
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 5 Tbsp butter, softened at room temperature
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup milk (I always bake with whole milk)
- 1 cup blueberries
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- butter a loaf pan
- sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt
- in the bowl of a stand mixer, cream sugar and butter until light (about 5 minutes)
- add eggs one at a time, stopping to scrape down the bowl after each addition, and then add lemon juice
- add flour, and milk - mix just until blended
- gently fold in the blueberries
- spoon batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake until a pick inserted comes out clean (50-60 minutes)
- cool in pan 5 minutes, and then remove to a rack
I forgot how delicious this loaf is. Maybe a bit too delicious, I had three slices with my coffee this morning.
The rain is set to return in a few days. And even as our blue sky begins to cloud over, I feel just as springy as I did enjoying the warm sunshine over the weekend.