sweet potato and bacon waffles
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
sweet potato and bacon waffles are the perfect breakfast for dinner meal, or breakfast for breakfast meal, or lunch, or pretty much whenever you’re hungry
I found the best way to get over my stuck -in-a-rut meal planning. I’ve started taking requests. Everyone in the family gets to choose a meal to add to the list.
Stella chooses lasagna, Every. Single. Week. Next to pizza, and pinto bean and avocado burritos, it’s the only dinner she enjoys.
Charlie is like a broken record when it comes to food. More burgers is more better, so I figured that would be his weekly addition to our menu.
I was wrong. The first week he requested breakfast for dinner. Pancakes, eggs, bacon, and berries. Even Stella loved it, which made it my favorite night of the week.
I never expected breakfast-for-dinner night to stick like taco Tuesday or pizza Friday but it has. So I am upping my breakfast game with sweet potato and bacon waffles.
Not only are sweet potatoes good for you (they are loaded with vitamin A, C, Manganese, and Fiber,they are great antioxidants and low in calories) they are delicious. Sweet potatoes can be sweet or savory and I LOVE pairing them with bacon, making sweet potatoes perfect for breakfast, or in this case breakfast for dinner.
- 1 sweet potato, baked, and mashed
- 4 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups of flour
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 4 Tbsp butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- mash sweet potato with the crumbled bacon, and set aside
- whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt
- whisk together the milk, butter, and egg, and add the sweet potato
- pour wet ingredients over the dry, and mix until everything is well combined
- pour batter onto oiled and preheated waffle iron
- cook until golden - 3 - 5 minutes (depending on your waffle iron)
- waffles can be kept warm in a 200 degree oven while you prepare the remaining waffles
I am proud to be partnering with North Carolina Sweet Potatoes as an Ambassador, and look forward to bringing you more Sweet Potato goodness this year.