steak frites and my dream kitchen from frigidaire
this is how a trip to Lowe’s for a new microwave led to building an entirely new kitchen.
We live in an old home.
Like, built in 1913 OLD,
but we love it, even the old outdated kitchen.
But today, I was finally over the microwave that has only been working on occasion lately.
It’s an old built-in from WAY back in the day, so we headed to Lowe’s to see what our replacement choices were.
That’s when I spotted the Frigidaire Professional® appliances. Ranges, dishwashers, microwaves, cooktops, and refrigerators.
*The Frigidaire Professional ® French Door Bottom Mount Refrigerator with Counter-Depth Design, looks like a built-in, saving precious space floor space.
*The Frigidaire Professional ® Over-The Range Microwave with 2-in-1 Convection Oven or Microwave lets you bake more evenly with PowerPlus™ Convection or cook at microwave speed, all-in-one.
* The Frigidaire Professional ® Dishwasher with PowerPlus™ 30-Minute Wash Washes dishes in a quarter of the time with a powerful and fast clean.
Charlie and I may have had more than a little bit of fun trying to smudge or fingerprint the Smudge-Proof™ stainless finish. For this I am not proud.
I have been dreaming of my “professional” kitchen for what feels like FOREVER, but to be honest with you, I was never really looking forward to having my kitchen torn apart for weeks or months. When you “work” in your kitchen, that’s not really convenient.
Not only are the Frigidaire Professional® appliances found at Lowes, making them totally convenient, Frigidaire Professional-grade appliances fit your existing appliance spaces, making a complete remodel completely unnecessary. I should also mention, Frigidaire Professional®-grade appliances are affordable.
I could have an entirely new kitchen in a weekend, including a new dishwasher that doesn’t take 146 minutes to complete a wash. 30 minutes for a wash? That sealed the deal.
Add a little white paint on the cabinets to brighten them up.
Then, finishing off the room with sleek new countertops and some subway tile would be the icing on the cake.
A simple, yet beautiful new kitchen deserves a simple yet delicious meal, and for me it doesn’t get better than steak frites. Channel your inner Julia and get cooking.
- 2 large russet potatoes per person
- oil for frying
- 1 petit filet per person (1 1/2 inched thick and 2 - 2 1/2 inches around)
- 1 - 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 - 2 Tbsp oil
- salt and pepper
- Using a sharp knife or mandoline cut the potatoes into ¼ inch sticks, and place the sticks in a bowl of cold water. Fill a large heavy pot with 3 – 4 inches of canola oil, and heat to 325 F.
- Drain the potatoes and pat dry, fry in small batches until the potatoes are cooked and pale gold – 6 minutes
- Drain well on paper towels
- Re-heat the oil to 375 F, and fry potatoes again in small batches until crisp and dark golden 2 – 3 minutes, and again drain well on paper towel – the fries are best served immediately, but can be kept warm in a 200F oven while you finish preparing the steaks.
- For the steak
- Make sure to pat the steaks dry, and season with salt and pepper
- Heat 1 Tbsp butter and 1 Tbsp oil in a skillet over moderately high heat, once the foaming subsides, the pan is hot enough to sear the steaks.
- Cook filets 3 – 4 minutes per side for medium rare
- Serve with frites
SO simple, but SO delicious, and my “dream” meal in my “dream” kitchen is ready. Now I just need the Frigidaire Professional gas range with PowerPlus® Burner to sear the perfect steaks for this dish at high heat with the PowerPlus® 18,000 BTU burner.
Design your own dream kitchen using the Lowe’s Kitchen Planning Guide
and DO make sure to check out the entire line of Frigidaire Professional® appliances at Lowe’s
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of KitchenPlay for Frigidaire. All opinions expressed are 100% mine