southwest cobb salad
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Thank you to Foster Farms for sponsoring this post.
Summer is in full swing here.
In the past that has meant carefree days, late dinners on the deck, and an easy breezy relaxed schedule.
That is SO not this summer.
Charlie has football practice for three hours every night of the week, and Stella has dance and karate twice a week.
I feel like I am spending my summer in the car shuttling kids every which way, and of course it always happens right around meal time. Football from 5:30 – 8:30, dance from 4 – 6, and karate from 6:15 – 7.
By the time we are all home, dinner is the last thing I want to think about, and it’s so late already, we need it to be fast. While the kids would love for me to just stop and pick something up, I want it to be as healthy as it is fast.
Foster Farms® Refrigerated Chicken Strips to the rescue.
Foster Farms® Refrigerated Chicken Strips are a quick and easy source of low-fat protein, with no added hormones or steroids. They are ready to eat when you are, for a versatile and quick meal maker the entire family can enjoy.
We love adding the grilled chicken strips to sandwiches and especially salads – when it’s 109 degrees outside, salads like this southwest style cobb are the only thing I want to eat.
- 4 hearts of romaine – I use 1 heart of romaine per person (torn into small pieces)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- ½ cup diced avocado
- 4 slices of turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1-6 ounce package of Southwestern flavored Foster Farms Refrigerated Chicken Strips
- ½ cup crumbled blue cheese
- For the vinaigrette –
- 3 Tbsp white balsamic or white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Arrange the romaine on 4 plates- top with the bell pepper, tomatoes, carrots and avocado
- Add one piece of crumbled bacon to each plate, and then evenly distribute the grilled chicken strips and cheese
- Whisk together the vinaigrette and add to salads
A good loaf of bread, some butter, and lemonade are all that is needed to make this one of my family’s favorite summer meals.
This post is sponsored by Foster Farms®, the opinions expressed are my own.
Foster Farms® Refrigerated Chicken Strips are available to purchase at Walmart and select retailers in California, Oregon, Washington, Arizona and Nevada.