As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
summer mornings never had it so good. these s’more pancakes are over the top delicious
Brekafst is easily my favorite meal to make. Especially during the summer when we have no place to rush out the door to get to. There are many days we don’t eat breakfast until it is closer to lunch time, but I’m not complaining one bit. I love this lazy summer schedule.
Summer and s’mores go hand in hand, so when I wanted an over the top breakfast for the weekend, s’mores instantly came to mind. I’ve made the kids s’more waffles, and while they are good, really good, I was looking for something even more over the top.
These panckes are just that. They are completely decandent, loaded with chocolate ganache, marshmallow creme, and honey graham pancakes. Top your stack with more chocolate, marshmallow, and if your sweet tooth still needs more, cover them in maple syrup.
You won’t be sorry.
If you are looking for a special breakfast this summer, these s’more pancakes are it.
- for the pancakes
- 1 1/2 cups AP flour
- 1/2 cup graham flour (can substitute whole wheat flour)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 Tbsp butter melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1 Tbsp honey
- for the topping -
- chocoalte ganache (or melted chocolate), marshmallow creme, maple syrup
- heat griddle to medium (300 on and electric griddle)
- whisk together flours, baking powder, and salt
- whisk butter, eggs, milk, and honey
- pour wet ingredients over the dry, and whisk just until combined
- butter or spray griddle with non-stick cooking spray (if needed)
- pour batter (1/4 cup per pancake) onto griddle
- once bubbles appear on the surface, and the edges begin to set, flip and cook another minute or two until cooked through and golden brown
- once the pancakes are made create the s'more stacks
- place one pancake on a plate, and spread with chocoalte ganache (or melted chocolate)
- spread the bottom of another pancake with marshmallow creme, and place marshmallow side down on the chocoalte covered pancake, spread the top of that pancake with chocolate and repeat until you have your stack of pancakes (I used 5 pancakes per stack)
S’mores are too fun to save only for campfires. Summer’s short, have s’mores for breakfst too.
you may also like