pumpkin + chocolate granola
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Believe it or not, pumpkin and chocolate make a terrific fall-flavor combo.
It all started with this mug cookie. SO good.
Granola is one of those things I don’t make nearly enough. We eat it all the time; on yogurt or smoothie bowls, with milk, or just straight out of the jar. Homemade granola could NOT be easier to make, and of course is SO much better than the box. Especially this fun fall inspired pumpkin + chocolate granola.
I’m not much of a chocolate eater, but there’s something I just love about pumpkin with a bit of cinnamon and chocolate.
Plus, when chocolate is involved, the kids are WAY more interested in eating it.
granola + raisins = no-go
granola + chocolate = empty jar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup pumpkin - not pumpkin pie filling
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 cups oats
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- heat oven to 350 degrees
- line a baking sheet with a silpat mat or parchment paper
- whisk together the coconut oil and brown sugar, until the brown sugar is dissolved
- whisk in the pumpkin and vanilla
- combine the oats with the salt and cinnamon
- pour the pumpkin mixture over the oats, and toss to combine
- spread oats on the prepared baking sheet
- bake @350 for 15 minutes
- gently stir oats to prevent burning, but try not to break up large clumps
- cook another 10 minutes
- cool on baking sheet
- once the granola is completely cool, add the chocolate chips
- store in an airtight container
pumpkin + chocolate granola is loaded with BIG granola clusters and chunks of chocolate, for a fun fall inspired breakfast or snack
granola from friends –
you may also like