monster cookie dough bites
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
As much as I love cookies, it’s the cookie dough that is my favorite part.
Egg or no egg, that has never stopped me from grabbing a great big spoon or two of it. Stella loves cookie dough bits in her ice cream, and who can blame her. Cookie dough ice cream is delicious.
But honestly, I never thought about making a snack out of cookie dough. Then I saw a bag of monster cookie dough bites at Target, and I knew I had to try and make them for myself. I mean it’s a snack that tastes like monster cookie dough.
Oats, peanut butter, chocolate chips, and mini m&m’s;
a snack doesn’t get much better than that.
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, softened but not melted
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup mini m&m candies
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- place oats in a food processor or high power blender, pulse a few times to create a finer texture
- place oats in a bowl, and mix in the peanut butter, coconut oil, honey,and vanilla
- fold in the m&m candies and mini chocolate chips
- scoop 1 Tbsp of the dough, and roll into balls
- keep cookie dough bites in an air tight container in the refrigerator
cookie dough bites are best kept in the refrigerator, but allow them to sit at room temperature for about 15 minutes before serving
my kids don’t enjoy chunky peanut butter, so I used creamy; either may be used in this recipe.
If you prefer a more coarse texture, you don’t need to process the oats before adding the peanut butter and other ingredients, but the kids and I prefer a more smooth cookie dough bite.
cookie dough bars
you may also like