mac and cheese muffins
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
my kids go nuts for these mac and cheese muffins, and i think yours will too
Thank you Safeway for sponsoring this post.
I love to keep a well-stocked pantry. Even though our new home has a small, and I mean very small, kitchen, I feel completely unprepared if I don’t have my pantry essentials. I meal plan every Sunday before heading to the store, but once there I always pick up a few odds and ends just in case.
No matter how old they get, my kids LOVE mac and cheese, especially in mac and cheese muffins. I normally make it from scratch, but it never hurts to have a few boxes on hand. While my kids don’t love cereal for breakfast, they do love it for an evening snack. And for teenagers a box equals roughly two LARGE bowls, so I stock up on that too.
Yogurt parfaits, salads, and cheese and crackers, while not usually part of my meal plan always are in demand, and it seems no matter how much I buy, it is never enough.
Again, teenagers have BIG appetites.
But a trip to Safeway during their Stock Up Sale means I can get all my kids’ favorite staples from General Mills, Coca-Cola, Kraft and Nabisco at a great value. Our local Safeway always comes through for us with great savings! I find all of these great products at my local Safeway – be sure to check out these great products at your local Albertsons Companies grocery stores including Albertsons, ACME Markets, Jewel-Osco, Vons, Pavilions, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Shaw’s, Star Market, United Express, United and Carrs/Safeway.
Not only can you save big with the Safeway App.
Safeway is giving away groceries for a year to one lucky winner. Between 10/4-10/19, show them how you how you stock up your pantry. Share a photo of how you’ve loaded up with your favorite items, including those below, from #StockUpSale2017. Entry is as easy as 1-2-3:
- Take a photo featuring two or more of the participating Stock Up Sale products below
- Share the photo on Twitter or Instagram or at Safeway by 10/19
- Use #StockUpSale2017 and #Sweepstakes in your caption and complete entry form
- For official rules and details, visit Safeway here
A few of the participating products –
- Honey Nut Cheerios™
- Cheerios™ 8.90oz.
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch™ 12.20oz.
- Progresso™ Traditional, Rich & Hearty, Reduced Sodium, Light Soup, Vegetable Classic, selected varieties 18-19oz
- Nature Valley™ Granola Bars 7.44oz-8.44oz
- Yoplait® Traditional Yogurt, 4-6oz, selected varieties
- Oui™ by Yoplait® Strawberry French Style Yogurt 5oz.
- Annie’s™ Natural Mac & Cheese 6oz; selected varieties
- Old El Paso™ Shells
- Totino’s™ Pizza Rolls 15ct, Totino Party Pizza 9.8-10.4oz, selected varieties
- Betty Crocker™ Hamburger Helpers, 4.7-8.7oz, selected varieties
- Betty Crocker™ Fruit Snacks, 4.5-8oz, selected varieties
- Chex Mix™ 8-8.75oz, selected varieties
- Betty Crocker™ Super Moist™ Cake Mix, 15.25 – 16.25oz., select varieties
- Betty Crocker™ Whipped Frosting, Milk Chocolate 12oz.
- Betty Crocker™ Brownie Mix, Chocolate 18.40oz.
- Pillsbury™ Apple Toaster Strudel™, 6ct., 11.70oz.
- Coca-Cola MiniCans
- Dasani Sparkling Black Cherry
- Classico Tomato Basil
- Heinz Ketchup
- OREO 14.3 oz
- Ritz 13.7 oz
Not only is my pantry stocked, Safeway had Annie’s™ Mac and Cheese on sale;
I really loaded up. I kept a few boxes for my pantry stash, and with the rest made my kids’ favorite mac and cheese muffins. They are perfect with a salad for fast weeknight dinners, and even better they make great lunches the next day.
mac and cheese muffins
- 2 – boxes of mac and cheese (cooked according to the package)
- ¾ cup of whole wheat bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- While the mac and cheese cooks, spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray
- Combine the breadcrumbs with the olive oil, and lightly dust the muffin tins (should only use about 1-2 tsp of the mixture)
- Once done, fill the muffin cups with the mac and cheese- pack as tightly as possible to make sure your muffins hold together well
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes
- Top with the remaining breadcrumbs, and bake an additional 5 minutes
- Let cool in pan 5 minutes before serving
- For lunch packing, allow the muffins to cool completely before storing in an air tight container in the fridge
These mac and cheese muffins always disappear in a hurry, so next time I may just need to double the recipe.
I love shopping at Safeway especially with my savings app, makes it possible to keep my pantry stocked and that makes the kids happy, and a little extra money in my wallet, and that makes me happy.
Again, a big thanks to Safeway for sponsoring this post.