light(er) italian style mac and cheese with chicken, pancetta, and peas
light(er) italian style mac and cheese
are you creative in the kitchen, or do you stick with the classics?
I’m a bit of both. I love classic dishes like baked mac and cheese and meatloaf, but I also enjoy to mix it up a bit. I think that’s why I love watching Chopped.
They may use some strange ingredients in some very strange ways, but I am always inspired to get cooking. So, of course I’d say yes when Sargento asked me to be part of their “chopped at home” contest
in my “basket”
boneless skinless chicken breast
red bell pepper
Sargento® Chef Blends™ Shredded 6 Cheese Italian
I added pasta,pancetta and peas, and settled on creating a light(er) italian style mac and cheese dish
I roasted, peeled, and then pureed the bell pepper, mixing it with the greek yogurt creating a tangy, sweet, and very creamy sauce. Toss in some pasta, shredded chicken, and crispy pancetta, and peas. Top it all with Sargento cheese, and bake until bubbly.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, baked or poached, and shredded
- 1 lb pasta - small shape such as shells,
- 1 red bell pepper, roasted, peeled, and pureed
- 4 ounce of pancetta, diced
- 2/3 cup of Greek yogurt
- 1 cup of peas
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups of Sargento, Chef Blends 6 cheese Italian
- Parmesan cheese for topping
- pre-heat the oven to 350 F.
- cook pasta, according to the package directions, drain - reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid
- in a skillet, cook pancettta over medium-high heat until crispy (about 3 minutes)
- whisk together the red bell pepper puree and the Greek yogurt, until smooth
- return the pasta to its pot, add the pepper/yogurt mixture, and enough reserved cooking liquid to create a sauce coating the pasta
- stir in the shredded chicken, pancetta, and peas
- season to taste with salt and pepper
- add the cheese, and stir to combine everything
- scoop pasta into a 9x13 baking dish
- bake at 350 F. for 20 minutes
- sprinkle on Parmesan cheese and return to the oven for 10 minutes
My fussy one was in mac and cheese heaven; she didn’t even pick out the meat.
Now it’s your turn…
get creative with Sargento, and enter to win $10,000 in the “chopped at home” contest
you’ve got to be in it to win it
Available in 30 versatile varieties, unique blends and distinct cuts, Sargento Shredded Cheese is always cut from blocks of 100% real, natural cheese. For more inspiration, check out the Sargento Pinterest page or visit Sargento.com for more information. The Chopped at Home Challenge gives viewers a chance to create their best recipe using the selected basket ingredients, including Sargento Shredded Cheese, for a chance to win $10,000!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Sargento®. The opinions and text are all mine.