lighter chinese chicken salad
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
I struggle with lunch almost daily.
I don’t like to stop what I’m doing to make something for myself. If we do have leftovers, I send those to work with my husband, so more often than not, I grab something quick, and that can be less than healthy.
Salads are good for lunch because I can prep the veggies ahead of time, but with the exception of a chinese chicken salad, they don’t really excite me. I love chinese chicken salads. I could eat one every day and not ever get bored. Trouble is they are not the healthiest of choices.
This lighter chinese chicken salad has all the flavor I love in the real deal. It is loaded with healthy veggies, and replaces the fried chicken usually found in the salad with shredded chicken breast.
As much as I love a great take-out chicken salad, I actually prefer this lighter homemade version, and now a fast healthy lunch is no trouble at all.
- for the dressing -
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce (I use all natural Tamari)
- 2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- sriracha (optional)
- for the salad -
- 1 cup of cooked and shredded chicken breast
- 1 cup of shredded napa cabbage
- 1/2 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1/2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shelled edamame
- handful of cilantro
- whisk together the ingredients for the dressing
- combine the cabbages, carrot, red bell pepper
- top with shredded chicken, edamame, cilantro
- pour dressing over salad, and add sriracha (if using)
healthy choices from friends –
you may also like