lightened up buffalo chicken dip
It’s fair to say that I am a lover of all things Buffalo style.
and of course wings; you cannot forget about the chicken that started it all.
I grew up eating wings (I am from Buffalo after all) the spicier the better.
Ian, the kids, and I are headed back to Buffalo for Christmas this year, and we are SO excited. I haven’t been home for Christmas since Charlie was a baby (and he is about to be 16). It actually has had me pining for Buffalo wings since we booked our trip a few months ago.
While Buffalo wings are delicious, and I plan to eat MANY when I’m home, I want to look my best for our trip, so buffalo wings are most definitely not on my healthy eating plan.
but this lightened up buffalo chicken dip has all the flavor of the wings I know and love, minus the mess and wings are SO VERY messy, and the guilt. Made in the slow cooker, lightened up buffalo chicken dip is perfect for the busy holiday party season that is just around the corner.
- 1 -8 ounce block of low fat or fat free cream cheese
- 2 cups of cooked and shredded chicken breast
- 1 cup of hot sauce (I use Frank's Red Hot)
- 1 cup of reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup of reduced fat crumbled blue cheese
- crumbled blue cheese and green onion for topping
- add cream cheese to slow cooker
- top with the chicken
- pour on hot sauce, and top with both cheeses
- cover and cook on high 3 hours
- stir and serve topped with crumbled blue cheese and chopped green onion
don’t forget the celery, buffalo wings (even in dip form) would not be the same without the celery
buffalo style from friends –
you may also like