hot chocolate oatmeal
I sure hope you aren’t over the sweets, because I have your new favorite breakfast right here.
Christmas may have come and gone, but we are still in holiday mode around here. Right down to our hot chocolate oatmeal.
We’re in NY visiting family, and while I’m bummed we didn’t get a white Christmas (we’ll have to try again next year), we are having a blast. Turns out winter can still be fun even when you aren’t up to your neck in snow drifts. Although Stella may not agree with me. Se was SO hoping to go sledding and wear her new snow boots.
Snow or no snow, winter just wouldn’t be the same without the hot chocolate, and now you have a reason to enjoy hot chocolate for breakfast.
- 1 cup of whole milk
- 2 ounces chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- whipped cream for toppping
- combine milk and chocolate in a medium saucepan over medium heat
- bring to a boil, reduce heat and stir until chocolate melts completely
- add oats, sugar and vanilla
- cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally
- top with whipped cream and chocolate chips
You may think that whipped cream for breakfast is over the top (and it is), but trust me you don’t want to skip it here.
oatmeal from friends –
you may also like