grandma’s peanut butter cookies
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
cookies are the classic after school snack, and they don’t get much better than these peanut butter cookies
Happy Monday! Is it just me, or are weekends entirely too short? I’m all for a four day work week and a three day weekend.
In an effort to beat the Monday blues, I decided to do a few of my favorite things today. Along with a few loads of laundry (not my favorite thing) I’ve got a loaf of bread rising, and a batch of peanut butter cookies in the oven. These aren’t just any peanut butter cookies, these are my grandma’s famous peanut butter cookies.
When you want the homework to get done without a fight, you have warm cookies waiting. It works every time. Usually I go for chocolate chip cookies, but I just made a batch of brown butter dark chocolate cookies last week. Not that the kids would mind, they were really good cookies, but my mom just sent me my grandma’s peanut butter cookie recipe. Everyone loved my grandma’s cookies, especially her peanut butter cookies.
grandma's peanut butter cookies
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup of peanut butter
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups of flour
- 1 ts baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silpat mats
- cream butter, peanut butter, and sugars
- add eggs one at a time, scraping the sides of the bowl after each addition
- stir in vanilla
- mix in the flour, baking soda, and salt
- place cookies 2 inches apart on baking sheets, and press each with a well floured fork
- bake 12 minutes
- cool cookies on baking sheet for 2 minutes, and then carefully move to a cooling rack
I did make one small change to my grandma’s recipe. Her cookies used lard and butter. No wonder they were so good. I used all butter, and they were just as good as I remember her cookies being. Some peanut butter cookies are dry and crumbly. Not these. These peanut butter cookies are soft and chewy, and will definitely cure your case of the Monday’s.