grain free banana bread
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
it seems that no matter how many recipes for banana bread you have, there is always room for one more. and this is a good one. the best part is that this delicious loaf of banana bread is grain free, dairy free, and refined sugar free.
stella has been having some stomach discomfort recently (i hope that’s not too much information for you). unfortunately, she is the fussy eater of the family. it’s easier to list the foods she will eat than to list the things she won’t.
she likes pancakes, oatmeal and yogurt for breakfast, fruit, and yogurt for lunch. for dinner she’ll eat pizza if its homemade, pasta, mainly lasagna, if it’s homemade, and bean and cheese burritos if the tortillas are homemade. veggies if there’s the promise of dessert.
basically she likes her carbs and dairy. not that i blame her, carbs and dairy are delicious. wheat and dairy are also highly suspect when it comes to tummy troubles. for stella that doesn’t leave a lot of options. luckily she’s being really easy going about trying some new things.
wanting to send her to school with a little more than some grapes and carrot sticks for lunch, i baked a loaf of this grain free banana bread. i really didn’t think my first loaf would turn out so well; i don’t do much grain free baking at all. but this loaf turned out far better than i could have hoped and doesn’t use any unusual ingredients like xantham gum. in fact, the ingredient list is quiet small.
grain free banana bread
- 4 ripe bananas, well mashed
- 3 eggs, at room temperature, lightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- spray a standard loaf pan with non-stick baking spray
- in a large bowl combine the bananas, eggs, oil, syrup, and vanilla
- stir in the almond flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon if using
- pour batter into the prepared pan and bake for 50 - 60 minutes (a pick inserted into the center should come out mainly clean with a few crumbs)
- cool in pan 15 minutes then cool on a rack
- cool completely before slicing
i love this bread toasted with a bit of almond butter, but it is just as delicious plain.
tonight she’s going to try chicken and rice, how very daring of her. hopefully that goes over as well as this grain free banana bread did.