fast and easy bruschetta chicken rice bowls
Thank you to Minute® Ready to Serve Organics for sponsoring this post.
I have no idea how it is mid-July already. Before I know it, it will be time to start thinking about the kids heading back to school, but for now we are still in full summer mode. The days are long and hot, but our evenings here are gorgeous. Warm, but not too hot, and if we get lucky with the delta breeze, our summer nights make the insane daytime temperatures seem worth it.
There is almost nothing I enjoy more than spending our evenings in the yard listening to the sounds of the neighborhood. Our summer meal times can vary quite a bit. Since we don’t need to rush out the door for sports practices and there’s no homework to be done, we aren’t on much of a schedule. It’s usually when someone starts complaining about being hungry, and we realize it’s already 8:00, that dinner happens.
And who wants to be stuck in the kitchen on a gorgeous summer night? Not this girl, I can tell you that.
I’m pretty easy when it comes to meals. With so many vegetables in the garden this year, I could eat a salad with zucchini and tomatoes pretty much nightly. Ian and the kids tend to like a starch with their meals, and rice has always been our favorite. Lucky for me, Minute® Ready to Serve Organics are ready in 60 seconds, because I don’t want to be boiling anything in the kitchen when it is boiling outside.
Rice bowls are something we make all the time. I love them because the kids can make their own, with only the veggies they prefer, and for me it’s a great way to use what we have on hand. Lately that means tomatoes, fresh herbs, and zucchini.
These bruschetta rice bowls are the perfect way to use up your garden goodies, and have a delicious meal on the table in less than 30 minutes.
fast and easy bruschetta chicken rice bowl
- 1 lb boneless, skinless, chicken breasts, marinated in ¼ cup olive oil, 2 Tbsp balsamic, and 1clove of minced garlic (let sit for at least 2 hours)
- Season with salt and pepper
- 5 medium or 10/12 cherry sized tomatoes, diced
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 5 fresh basil leaves torn
- 4 Minute® Ready to Serve Organics rice cups
- Preheat grill to medium-high
- Remove chicken from the marinade, and season with salt and pepper
- Grill 4-5 minutes per side (until chicken registers 165 degrees)
- While the chicken is grilling, combine the tomatoes with the oil, vinegar, garlic, and basil, add salt and pepper to taste
- Cook Minute® Ready to Serve Organics according to package (we did two at a time for 90 seconds)
- Spoon rice into bowls, top with sliced chicken and add tomatoes
Minute® Ready to Serve Organic Red Quinoa and Brown Rice with Garlic is my favorite in this recipe, but the kids loved the Minute Ready to Serve Organic White Rice. All three varieties of Minute Ready to Serve Organics are certified organic by the USDA. They also are portion controlled, which is something this weight watcher loves, and perfect for packing on the go; no need for fast food when lunch is only 60 seconds away
Along with our 6-foot tomato plants, we also have monster sized zucchini, so I added grilled zucchini spears to our bowls. Much to the kids’ dismay, I’m not over our abundant zucchini yet, but they clearly are J
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Minute® Ready to Serve Organics.