eggs benedict casserole (recipe redux)
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
eggs benedict casserole
a brunch classic made easier
My dad always made eggs benedict on Christmas morning for as long as I can remember.
When Ian and I got married, I began making it not only on Christmas but Easter as well; it is far too good to have only once a year.
Eggs benedict is hands down my all time favorite breakfast or bunch food. If it wasn’t so time consuming, I’d probably make it all the time, but getting perfectly poached eggs and hollandaise sauce timed just right can be tricky.
Because I am a BIG fan of the make ahead breakfast casserole, I found a way to turn my favorite breakfast into a casserole, and made this eggs benendict casserole (and blogged it) a few years ago.
Lucky for me, although I did not feel this way at the time, a lot of my early photos did not make the trip from blogger to wordpress.
With Easter only a week away, I thought it was the prefect time to update not only the missing photos, but the recipe as well.
- 6 english muffins, cubed
- 7 ounces canadian bacon, diced
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 6 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- spray a casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray
- add cubed english muffins to casserole dish
- top with the diced canadian bacon
- whisk together the eggs, milk, butter, and lemon juice
- season with salt
- pour over the top of the english muffins
- cover and refrigerate overnight
- remove the casserole from he refrigerator at least 30 minutes before baking
- pre-heat the oven to 350 F.
- bake casserole 35 - 40 minutes ( until set and the top nicely browned)
Brunch favorites from friends
you may also enjoy