easy pumpkin mug brownie
ever find yourself with a major dessert craving? dessert is only 90 seconds away with this easy pumpkin mug brownie
But chances are good that if I do find myself with a major sugar craving, there is nothing sweet in the house. The kids are pretty good at making the sweets disappear almost instantly. Even without chocolate, the gooey apple snickedoodle bars didn’t last more than a day.
I do however always have flour, sugar, cocoa powder, and now that it’s fall, pumpkin in the pantry. Those pantry staples along with some butter and milk, a microwave, and 90 seconds are all you need to make a fast and delicious dessert for one.
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- pinch of salt
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 2 Tbsp pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- powdered sugar, whipped cream, or ice cream for topping
- in a microwave safe mug or small bowl whisk together flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt
- stir in the melted butter, milk, and pumpkin
- microwave on high 45 - 90 seconds - check after 45 seconds
- remove carefully - the mug will be hot
- dust with powdered sugar, whipped cream, or ice cream
Microwaves are not all created equally, so cooking times will vary. Check your brownie after 45 seconds; if you don’t like it fudgy in the center, cook for another 30 – 45 seconds – but don’t cook for more than 90 seconds, or your brownie will be like rubber.
mug desserts from friends –
you may also like