easy homemade toffee
if you ‘re still searching for an easy hostess gift
this homemade toffee is it
We are really getting down to the wire. Christmas is 4 days away. FOUR
I finally got caught up this weekend. Gifts are bought, wrapped, the meals are planned, and now I’m just sitting back enjoying it all. We do have a few holiday parties this week, and I don’t like to show up empty handed, so I whipped up this easy homemade toffee.
I just LOVE toffee, and while most have almonds, my kids are not nut fans, so I skipped the nuts and added just a sprinkle of sea salt flakes.
I’m definitely a salty with my sweet person, but if you’re not leave it off, or replace it with crushed almonds for a more traditional English toffee. Either way you have a quick and easy homemade toffee hostess gift that is sure to please.
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of butter
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
- sea salt flakes (optional)
- in a large saucepan heat the sugar, butter ,and water
- bring to a boil, stirring constantly, until it reaches 300 degrees (bout 15 minutes)- mixture will be a light golden brown in color
- pour mixture onto a rimmed baking sheet
- sprinkle on the chocolate, and let sit until the chcolate begin to melt - about 1 minutes
- spread the chocolate to cover the toffee, and sprinkle on the salt if using
- refrigerate until the toffee has hardened, and break into pieces
- cover, and keep toffee in the fridge until ready to use
sweets from friends –