cinnamon toast crunch pancakes
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
if you love cinnamon toast crunch cereal, then you are really going to love these cinnamon toast crunch pancakes
during the school year my kids dont eat cereal very often. i prefer they have something a bit more substantial before heading out the door in the morning. charlie is all about eggs, and stella of course loves her pancakes, waffles, and the occasional jar of overnight oats. every once in a while if we are short on time they have cereal, but they mainly eat cereal during the summer.
they used to be all about mini wheats, and i admit i happen to love them as well, but this summer stella found a new love…cinnamon toast crunch.
now that we are back to school, i have a few boxes of forgotten cereal sitting on top of my fridge.
ian and i are heading to vegas later this week to celebrate his 50th birthday. what does this have to do with cinnamon toast crunch pancakes you ask? one of my first stops in vegas is not a casino, its milk bar at the cosmopolitan. i had wanted to go when we were in nyc last summer but we had so many other food stops, we never made it.
milk bar, cereal milk, extra cinnamon toast crunch you get the point.
my first thought was to make cinnamon toast crunch cereal milk muffins, but as much as we love a good grab and go breakfast, pancakes are the fan favorite in our house. it was love at first bite, and now these cinnamon toast crunch pancakes are on repeat.
cinnamon toast crunch pancakes
- 1 cup of cinnamon toast crunch - toasted at 300 degrees for 10 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- combine the toasted cereal with milk, and let soak until softened (about 30 minutes)
- heat griddle (or skillet) to medium and grease well (these tend to stick)
- whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt
- whisk the egg, butter, and vanilla into the cereal milk mixture, then pour over the dry ingredients and stir just until combined
- pour batter by 1/4 cup onto the griddle, when the edges have set and the surface has bubbles, flip and cook until bottoms are golden brown and the centers are cooked though
- serve with warm maple syrup and more cinnamon toast crunch
using the famous milk bar method, i toasted the cinnamon toast crunch for 10 minutes before soaking in the milk. i wanted the cereal to be very soft before mixing it into the pancake batter, so i let the cereal soak for about 30 minutes. use your own judgement – i did not want too many crunchy bits in my pancakes. to save on the soaking soaking time you could easily crush the cereal after toasting.
you could also strain the cereal out of the milk before using the milk to make the pancake batter, but i love the mushy cereal bits in my pancakes. these cinnamon toast crunch pancakes are on the sweet side and absolutely delicious plain, but when topped with some extra cereal and maple syrup are over the top.