cinnamon roll scones
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
With school break here at last, it’s time to focus on Christmas. We are in full celebration mode at the Kinnaird house, and the kitchen has been buzzing. Chocolate is melting, cookies are baking, and Stella has been rolling peanut butter for dipping all afternoon. Things are busy in here, and it smells SO good!
We love gifting homemade treats, and for years cinnamon rolls have been top on our list. Last year I think I made 7 dozen cinnamon rolls in one afternoon. This year I am a bit short on time, so I decided to try something different. Cinnamon roll scones are ready in a fraction of the time (no rising needed), and just as delicious. And nothing goes better with scones than Dunkin’ Donuts® Coffee.
Stella loved the cinnamon roll scones so much, I had to make two extra batches. Four disappeared right out of the oven; they hadn’t even been glazed!
- for the scones-
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter cold and cut into small pieces
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- for the filling -
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- for the glaze -
- 1 cup of confectioners sugar
- 2 Tbsp milk or cream
- heat oven to 375 degrees
- combine the flour with the baking powder, salt, and sugar
- cut butter into dry ingredient until you have a coarse meal
- whisk together the egg, milk, and vanilla, and add to the dry ingredients
- blend only until everything is incorporated - do not over mix
- on a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a rectangle
- mix brown sugar and cinnamon and spread over the dough (leaving a small border around the edges)
- working form the long side of the rectangle, roll tightly, and cut into 8 rounds
- place scones on a baking sheet lined with parchment or a silpat baking mat
- bake 20 minutes
- while scones are baking whisk together the confectioners sugar with the cream to make the glaze
- cool scones on baking sheet 5 minutes, and then move to a rack and drizzle with glaze
- cool completely before packaging
There are flavors, roasts and seasonal items for every Dunkin’ Donuts® coffee fan on your gift list, and Walmart makes it easy to bring Dunkin’ Donuts® home for the holidays and save $1.00 via Ibotta.
With Dunkin’ Donuts® and Cinnamon Roll Scones, holiday gifting has never been easier or more delicious. #DunkinToTheRescue
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Dunkin’ Donuts® . The opinions and text are all mine.