chocolate brownie pudding #chocolateforjoan
Most of these wonderful ladies I met through Online Blog Con, and that is where I first “met” Joan from Chocolate, Chocolate and More. Joan took a love of baking and chocolate and turned that into a brand and a booming business. But even with all of her success, she took the time to help anyone who asked for it. Trust me, I asked often.
Last week, Joan suffered a heart attack in her sleep and passed away leaving not only her family, but also our blogging community devastated.
To honor Joan and her love of chocolate many of us are posting #chocolateforjoan, and while I am not a huge chocolate lover, I do love brownies and pudding, so I am sharing a recipe of Joan’s for chocolate brownie pudding
and it is SO good! Crispy brownie on top of a gooey pudding center, topped with vanilla ice cream and maybe even some fudge this dessert is a hard one to beat.
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup butter, melted
- heat oven to 325 degrees
- beat the eggs and sugar until very pale and fluffy, about 8 minutes
- sift together the flour and cocoa powder
- add flour to the eggs and mix just until combined
- stir in the vanilla and melted butter
- pour into a greased 2 qt. baking dish
- prepare a water bath - place baking dish with the brownies into a larger dish, add water into the larger baking dish until it comes halfway up the sides
- bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour
- allow to cool slightly before serving
Joan left behind three teenage children, so PLEASE visit Chocolate, Chocolate, and More, pin her recipes, share them on Facebook, tweet them , Instagram them, Stumble them too. Every little bit will help to support her family in this very difficult time.
More Chocolate from Joan