chicken fajita family style rice bowl
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
it doesn’t get any easier to get dinner on the table then this chicken fajita family style rice bowl
Thank you to Minute® Ready to Serve Family Bowls for sponsoring this post
We are home from vacation and getting back into the swing of things. The kids loved NYC, and while vacationing is always fun, I have to admit it feels pretty good to get back into the kitchen, and I really did miss gardening. Laundry, well that is something I can live without.
Now that vacation mode is over, we are all about getting ready for back to school. Usually I am dreading the busy schedule that comes with going back to school, but this year I am actually excited for the kids to go back to school. Stella starts high school and she and Charlie will be at the same school on the same schedule which makes my life so much easier.
I am even ready for the busy after school homework-practice-dinner schedule. At least I think I’m ready.
With the kids getting older and more independent, they aren’t home all that often. Add in school and sports and we see them even less. Family meal times have become the only time during the day that we are all together. No matter how busy we are, we make time for dinner together, even if it has to be fast.
As much as the kids love pizza night, taco Tuesday is their favorite day of the week. I love it too, but it can be a lot of work. Rice bowls are one of my favorite ways to make taco night easier. I can sauté meat and veggies, get all the toppings ready, and then it is serve yourself. Charlie can have his with meat and cheese, Stella gets her beans and avocado, everyone is happy and with Minute Ready to Serve Family Bowls I can have dinner ready in minutes.
- 1 Minute Ready to Serve Family Bowl (I used brown rice)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 bell peppers (I used one red and one orange) thinly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, thinly sliced
- Fajita seasoning – (can use store bought)
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- Additional toppings –Pinto beans, diced tomatoes, shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, sliced jalapeno, cilantro
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat, and once hot add the peppers and onions
- Cook just until the vegetables begin to soften, and add the chicken and seasoning
- Cook until the chicken and vegetables are done (chicken should no longer be ink and cooked to 165 degrees)
- Cook rice according to the package directions, top rice with peppers, onion, and chicken Serve family style with additional toppings
Minute Ready to Serve Family Bowls are fully cooked, so you can’t mess it up (no hard or soggy rice) and the bowls are ready in just minutes; 2 to be exact. The family bowls make enough to feed 3 or 4, and because you cook it in the package, there is even less clean-up. I don’t know about you, but at our house on taco Tuesday the kitchen looks like a war zone, so the fewer dishes the better.
Rice bowls are a great way to mix and match what you have at home, but this chicken fajita rice bowl is by far the most popular with my gang.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Minute® Ready to Serve Family Bowls