cheesy french fry casserole with chicken
This french fry casserole with chicken is fast and easy making it a weeknight dinner winner, and it’s french fries!
Would you be surprised if I told you the average American consumes 29 pounds of French fries every year?
That’s a whole lotta spuds.
It’s hard not to love French fries. Stella only has a handful of items on her will eat list, and of course fries are right under pancakes, yogurt, and lasagna. The kid is seriously hard to please; of course, if I allowed her to eat a plate full of fries for dinner, she’d be really easy to please. She may even smile.
If I make dinner and offer her fries on the side, she’ll eat just enough of the main even to get French fries, but the minute the fries hit the plate, that is it. No more main dish. The French fry lover in me says that’s fine; the mom in me does not agree. I’m going to get my kids to eat a well-balanced meal if it kills me. Enter the French fry casserole.
It’s French fries as the main event, which is genius if you are trying to get your kids to eat. All natural Alexia Smart Classics Crinkle Cut Fries with Sea Salt are the base. These fries are about as good as it gets. They are 98% fat free, NO trans-fat, and simply delicious. Most French fry casseroles use a cream-based canned soup; I went for half and half. I added shredded chicken breast for protein and some shredded sharp cheddar. Served with a salad (one of the few veggies my kiddos actually enjoy), I had a complete meal I could feel good about serving, and my kids loved every bite. You could easily add a layer of veggies like these green peas along with the chicken.
- 1 bag of frozen crinkle cut french fries (I used Alexia smart classics crinkle cut )
- 1 cup of half and half
- 2 cups of shredded chicken breast
- 2 cups of shredded sharp cheddar
- salt and pepper to taste
- pre-heat the oven to 450 F.
- in a casserole dish large enough, arrange the fries as close to a single layer as possible
- pour half and half over the top of the french fries
- add shredded chicken (seasoned to taste)
- top with the cheddar cheese
- cover loosely with foil, and bake at 450 for 25 minutes
- remove the foil and continue to bake until the cheese is bubbling and melted (about 5 minutes)
Alexia Foods offers frozen potatoes, appetizers, breads and side dishes with minimal, but distinctive, real ingredients that serve-up exceptional taste. Alexia frozen sides are a delicious addition to a balanced meal with that little something extra and can be ready in 25 minutes—or less. Sign up for Alexia’s Club 350 newsletter for more great meal inspiration!
Alexia. Farm to Flavor.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Alexia . The opinions and text are all mine.