cheeseburger mac and cheese
fast, easy, and delicious
Cheeseburger Mac and Cheese
I know I’ve mentioned, many, many times, that my daughter is an incredibly fussy eater. She’s actually fussy about almost everything. Her room. Her bathroom. Her clothes. Her beauty products.
Basically, she likes what she likes, and doesn’t want it any other way. I should have known I was in for trouble when I found her fluffing the pillows on her bedroom couch late one night. They had to be just so. She wasn’t even three.
For the most part, I don’t mind her fussy nature. I admire how she just instantly knows what she wants. But when it comes to dinner, it gets tough. Especially, when time is an issue which it often is during the week.
When we need dinner in a hurry, I try to find something I know isn’t going to cause a fuss.
Mac and cheese is an easy go-to for us, and luckily it is one of Stella’s favorites. I try to make homemade whenever possible, but sometimes the box wins.
Horizon Organic is Stella’s favorite, and yes she does know the difference without even looking at the box.
To make it a meal that Charlie also enjoys, he’s a carnivore through and through, I made him cheeseburger mac and cheese.
It was a hit with even the hubby, who I found nibbling on the leftovers as a midnight snack.
While the water for the mac and cheese boiled, I browned some lean ground beef (ground turkey would be delicious as well) added ketchup, because what is a cheeseburger without the ketchup, chopped up some tomatoes and pickles for the topping, and by the time the macaroni was done, we were ready to eat.
Everyone got to top their mac and cheese with their favorite burger toppings, and dinner was done in less than 30 minutes.
Even better than that, not a single complaint at the dinner table.
- 2 boxes Horizon Organic Classic Mac and Cheese (along the butter and milk to prepare according to package instructions)
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- salt and pepper to taste
- Horizon Organic Shredded Cheddar Cheese, diced tomatoes and pickles for toppings
- prepare the mac and cheese according to the package instructions
- while the water boils, brown the ground beef
- stir in the ketchup,and taste for seasoning
- top each bowl of mac and cheese with a scoop of ground beef
- add shredded cheese and your favorite burger toppings (we LOVE tomatoes and pickles)
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Horizon Organics. The opinions and text are all mine.