cardamom curry granola
stella’s been back in school for one month already. i’m back to daily workouts after drop-off. meal prep is still going strong. fall is only 10 days away, and i am in love with this cardamom curry granola. it is, in my opinion, the perfect autumn breakfast or snack.
stella and i are the only two in the house to eat granola. even still we go through a lot. granola and yogurt is our go-to breakfast. i eat it practically every day and stella at least 4 days a week. because we eat it so often, i am always looking for new recipes.
oatmeal cookie granola is one of our favorites, but with fall fast approaching i wanted a recipe with a bit more spice. then i came across cardamom curry creme brulee. i love all things curry. i also love baking with cardamom.
easy cardamom curry granola
granola is so easy to make at home. along with muffins and shredded chicken, it is something i make every single week. enjoy it as is, or adjust the seasoning a bit to fit your own tastes. i like spice. reduce the amounts by half for a more mild flavor.
cardamom curry granola
- 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup raisins
- preheat oven to 300°
- line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper
- in a large bowl combine the oats, spices, coconut, and almonds
- in another bowl whisk together the oil, honey, and vanilla
- pour wet ingredients over the oats, and stir to combine well
- press oats into an even payer on the prepared baking sheet
- bake for 20 minutes (for larger clumps do not stir halfway through baking)
- remove from oven, and add raisins
- cool completely before storing
how to make the best granola
for soft clumps of granola (which i love) you need more sweetener. gently press the oats in the pan before baking, and do not stir until the granola comes out of the oven.
i like a 50/50 ratio of oil and sweetener.
do not bake dried fruit, it will burn.
low and slow is the way to bake the best granola. i never bake mine at more than 300°. granola will continue to cook when it comes out of the oven. i take it out a bit under-baked to prevent burning.
make sure your granola is completely cool before storing.
store your granola in an airtight container at room temperature. cardamom curry granola will keep for up to a month. ours never lasts more than a week.