buttermilk gingerbread loaf with chocolate
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
forget those cute little gingerbread men
it’s all about this moist and delicious buttermilk gingerbread loaf this year
I don’t have anything against gingerbread men. They sure are cute,
and we absolutely LOVE building gingerbread houses.
I’m LOVING it more now that Stella has taken the task of gingerbread house decorating quite seriously. You see, I am NOT at all gifted with the decorating talent.
Not even a little bit.
The creative gene I did not receive. Luckily Stella has got it and then some, and our house is gorgeous. Unfortunately, it is actually too pretty to eat even if Stella would allow it, and this momma needs her gingerbread.
This gingerbread loaf needs no decorating at all, but you can add a dusting of powdered sugar if you’re feeling fancy. I threw in a cup of chocolate chips because gingerbread and chocolate is my new favorite combination.
Now I get my gingerbread fix, and Stella gets to keep her gorgeous house, that is if we can keep Charlie and the dogs from finding it.
- 8 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup of buttermilk
- 3/4 cup molasses
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees
- butter and lightly flour a loaf pan
- cream together the butter and brown sugar, and beat until light
- add the egg and beat well
- add the molasses, buttermilk, and vanilla
- mix together the flour,baking soda, salt, ginger, and cinnamon, and add to the butter/egg mixture
- combine thoroughly, and fold in the chocolate chips
- pour into the prepared loaf pan
- bake 35 - 45 minutes, until a pick inserted in the center comes out clean
- cool in loaf pan for about 5 minutes before moving to a cooling rack
- loaf should be cool before slicing
- dust with powdered sugar (optional but delicious)
sweets from friends