buffalo chicken totchos
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
everyone knows that game day is all about the food, and these buffalo chicken totchos are sure to be the big winner
I have been in love with tater tots ever since first grade, when I would buy my lunch on cheeseburger day. The burgers came with tater tots, and they were the BEST part of lunch. That is unless the school lunch came with brownies, nothings tops lunch lady brownies.
We don’t make them very often, but my kids love them too. This weekend of course is the big game, but it also happens to be national tater tot day.Who knew there was such a thing. But when it comes to game day and tater tot day the only rational thing to do is to make buffalo chicken totchos.
If you are not familiar with totchos, they are tater tot nachos. Tater tots fully loaded with your favorite nacho toppings. We love them pizza style, covered in sauce with cheese and pepperoni, but when it comes to super bowl, the food has to be buffalo style.
These tots are baked, then topped with shredded chicken, wing sauce, cheese ( I use a combo of cheddar and mozzarella), more wing sauce, and then you cannot forget the blue cheese. The more the better if you ask me. They get baked again until the cheese is nice and melty, and then I love to add diced carrots and celery.
buffalo chicken totchos
- 1- 2 lb bag of tater tots
- 1 1/2 cups of cooked and shredded chicken breast
- 1/2 cup hot sauce or wing sauce (such as Frank's)
- 1 cup of shredded cheese (I use 1/2 cup cheddar and 1/2 cup mozzarella)
- 4 ounces of crumbled blue cheese
- diced celery and carrots (optional)
- preheat oven to 400 degrees (or according to your package directions)
- lay tater tots flat on a rimmed baking sheet
- bake tots for 15 minutes (or 5 minutes less than the baking time on your package)
- while baking toss the chicken with 1/4 cup of the hot sauce
- top tater tots with the chicken, add shredded cheese, 1/4 cup of hot sauce, crumbled blue cheese and bake for an additional 5 minutes (or until the cheese is completely melted)
- serve totchos topped with diced celery and carrots and extra hot sauce and blue cheese
Whether you are into football or not, game day is really all about the food, and these buffalo chicken totchos will be the star of the show.
you may also like