brown butter peanut butter cup stuffed oatmeal chocolate chunk cookies
no matter the question, cookies are always the answer; especially when they are brown butter peanut butter cup stuffed oatmeal chocolate chunk cookies
This week Stella gets her braces, and she couldn’t be more excited. She is also turning 13 on Thursday. We’ve got a mad about plaid slumber party planned for the weekend, and it is the week before the last week of school before the holiday break.
It is supposed to be one of the most fun weeks.
Only, the last two days have sucked out loud.
The test that was studied for hour after hour for the last four days, got bombed.
The homework that took the better part of the weekend to complete, somehow got misplaced between the bedroom, the backpack, the car, and school.
A dog, that shall remain nameless, made a deposit on a freshly cleaned carpet. Another dog (yes Greta I’m looking at you) ate a GIANT hole in a brand new sweater.
A sponsored post got the ax, and the migraine that I thought was on its way out, has decided to stick around a bit longer.
I am in a mood!
You moms that work outside of the house, my goodness I don’t know how you do it. Honestly, I know how lucky I am to have work I love (most days) that I can do in my jammies, but lately I feel like I am doing a lot, but none of it well.
If we had studied more, or if I had made sure to locate the assignment, or if I had been paying closer attention to the dogs…UGH
This is supposed to be a cheerful season right?
I’m determined to find my holiday spirit, and a great place to start is with cookies, but not just any cookie would do. This is a job for a serious cookie.
These oatmeal cookies start with brown butter. How can you be blue when brown butter is involved. It is some GOOD stuff!
Then, they get a hefty dose of chocolate chunks, and just to ensure they kick my bad mood to the curb, I stuffed them with mini peanut butter cups.
If these brown butter peanut butter cup stuffed oatmeal cookies don’t bring on the holiday cheer, I don’t know what will.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chunks
- miniature peanut butter cups, unwrapped
- melt butter over medium heat, once melted the butter will begin to foam, whisk as it foams, and gradually begins to brown
- remove the butter from the heat, and allow it to cool completely
- combine the flour, oats, baking soda, and salt
- beat brown butter with the sugar, and add the eggs and vanilla
- stir in the dry ingredients, and fold in the chocolate chunks
- cover and chill dough for at least 1 hour
- heat oven to 350 degrees
- line two baking sheets with parchment or silpat baking mats
- scoop dough using an ice cream scoop (yes they are large cookies)
- flatten each scoop slightly, and press one peanut butter cup into the center
- fold dough up and over the peanut butter cup, press to seal tightly and roll into a large ball (make sure that the peanut butter cup is entirely covered)
- repeat with the remaining dough
- bake on prepared sheets 10 - 12 minutes
- cool on baking sheets 2 minutes, and then remove to a rack to complete cooling
Even the title is a mouthful! Two cookies in, and I am feeling better already.
cookies from friends –
you may also like