As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
all the deliciousness you expect from a banoffee pie, without the crust (for those crust challenged like myself) this banoffee parfait is our new favorite dessert
to be completely honest, i have never had banoffee pie. it sounds like something i would love, with the exception of having to make a crust. you know how pie crust and i don’t exactly see eye to eye. for those like myself that have never had banoffee pie, it is a combination of toffee, cream, and bananas. YUM. sometimes you’ll find one with added chocolate, but the main flavors are banana and toffee hence the name banoffee.
this banoffee parfait is based on one i had a few weekends ago at a local cafe. ian and i very rarely go out for lunch, and we almost never have dessert especially in the afternoon. but life has been hectic to say the least, and we were in desperate need of a day date. the banoffee parfait sitting in the case right at the checkout was too much for me to say no to.
ian and i planned on only having a bite or two, as we are trying to stick to our healthy eating/workout plan. ill give you one guess as to how that worked our for us…
it was so good in fact that i made banoffee parfaits at home the very next day.
easy banoffee parfait
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- vanilla pudding (this is the recipe i use)
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 4 bananas, thinly sliced
- whipped cream and toffee bits for topping
- in a medium saucepan over medium heat melt the butter and add sugar,cook until the sugar is a deep amber color and bubbling (about 3 minutes)
- carefully add the cream and vanilla (it will bubble up) and continue stirring until the toffee sauce thickens enough to coast the back of a wooden spoon (another 2 - 3 minutes)
- allow to cool slightly before adding to parfait
- divide the cracker crumbs evenly into he bottoms of 8 glasses
- top with banana slices (using 1/4 of a banana for each) and 1/2 Tbsp of toffee sauce
- add vanilla pudding
- top with remaining banana slices and another 1-2 tsp toffee sauce
- finish parfaits with whipped cream and toffee bits
- serve immediately
- to prepare ahead of time assemble the parfaits without the whipped cream and toffee, cover and chill
- bring to room temperature w hen ready to serve and top with whipped cream and toffee
true banoffee pie is made with a toffee custard made from sweetened condensed milk. my parfait version is made with homemade vanilla pudding, toffee sauce, bananas, and graham cracker crumbs. topped with fresh whipped cream and heath toffee bits, this parfait is over the top delicious.
maybe some day i’ll get over my fear of all things crust related. for now we are all happily enjoying this crust-free banoffee parfait.