apple cream cheese bars
I’m not much of a cake person; my kids aren’t either. For birthdays they always request a giant chocolate chip cookie cake.
Ian will eat cake if it’s chocolate, but for me it needs to be spice cake with cream cheese frosting. Carrot cake is delicious, but apple spice is my favorite. It was even my wedding cake.
These bars are apple spice cakes meets cream cheese frosting all swirled together in one easy to make dessert.
No layers that will inevitably be uneven, or worse crack when flipping.
No frosting to stress over.
For stress free dessert baking, bars are it, and these apple cream cheese bars are fall baking at its best.
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup of brown sugar, packed
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup apple butter
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- heat oven to 350 degrees
- beat cream cheese, sugar, milk, and vanilla - set aside
- cream butter and brown sugar until light
- add eggs, one at a time, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl between each addition
- stir in apple butter
- add flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg and mix until combined
- pour batter into a greased 13 x 9 baking pan
- spoon cream cheese on top, and swirl with a knife
- bake at 350 degrees for 25 - 30 minutes
- allow bars to cool completely before cutting
fall desserts from friends –
you may also like