4 ingredient healthy almond chocolate cookies
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
can a cookie be good for you?
it can if it’s one of these healthy almond chocolate cookies
with spring in full swing, and summer right around the corner, I have really been trying to eat better
bye bye big sweaters, hello sundresses and bathing suits
there has been some success
breakfast is easy; I’m a yogurt and granola or oatmeal girl all the way, lunch can go either way. I should be eating more veggies, and I do enjoy a good salad, but some days all I want is a grilled cheese
late afternoon I almost always want a snack
because afternoons are busy; I usually just grab what’s available, and that is where I can get into trouble
I was planning on making another batch of sweet potato brownie bites to have around for snacking, but Stella and her friends cleaned me out of dates. I did however have a bag raw cacao powder just waiting to be used.
these healthy almond chocolate cookies are made with only 4 ingredients
and raw cacao (you could also use cocoa powder)
they are grain free, dairy free, vegan, totally easy to make, and most importantly, delicious
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, softened
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 Tbsp raw cacao (if using cocoa powder, double this amount)
- pre-heat oven to 350 F.
- line baking sheet with parchment or silpat baking mat
- combine all of the ingredients in a food processor, and pulse until you have a soft dough
- scoop 1 Tbsp size balls of dough, roll, and place on baking sheet
- bake 8 - 10 minutes
- cookies will be soft, but firm when cooling
a few cookies and a cup of tea and the afternoon to-do list actually seems doable
healthy treats from friends
you may also enjoy