1 hour cinnamon roll pizza
beat the breakfast rut with a 1 hour cinnamon roll pizza
We’re only on our fourth week of school, and I’m in a breakfast rut, already.
pancakes, waffles, eggs, and cereal
The kids haven’t really complained, but even I am bored.
Trouble is, there really isn’t a whole lot of time in the morning to get creative, unless I get up even earlier, and that is not likely to happen.
It’s a good thing then that this cinnamon roll pizza can be ready from start to finish in 60 minutes.
Nothing gets them up faster than the smell of cinnamon rolls baking in the oven, and with a scratch recipe that can be done in an hour, there’s no need to pop that tube.
knead, roll, bake and glaze
You cannot forget the glaze.
By the time the coffee is ready and every one is up and dressed, the cinnamon roll pizza is glazed and ready to be devoured.
- for the roll -
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 3/4 cup milk, warmed to room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 envelope of active dry yeast
- 2 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- for the filling -
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp cinnamon
- for the glaze -
- 1 cup of confectioners sugar
- 2 Tbsp cream
- heat oven to 375 degrees
- combine all of the ingredients for the cinnamon roll, and mix until combined
- using the dough hook of a stand mixer, knead dough until smooth - 5 minutes
- cover and let rise 15 minutes
- melt the butter for the filling, and mix in the brown sugar and cinnamon
- roll out dough, and transfer to pizza stone or baking sheet
- spread with the brown sugar and cinnamon filling
- let rest 15 minutes
- bake cinnamon roll pizza 20 minutes
- stir 2 Tbsp cream into 1 cup of confectioners sugar
- cool pizza 5 minutes, and then glaze
- serve cinnamon roll pizza warm
Breakfast rut problem solved.
you may also like