spicy buffalo chicken salad
Thank you to Litehouse Dressing for sponsoring this post.
I tend to be a creature of habit. I always order fish tacos at our favorite Mexican restaurant. Blackened salmon at one of our favorite date night options, and every time I head to jack’s urban eats I get the spicy buffalo salad. I happen to be someone that loves salad, but this one is especially delicious. There are crunchy apples and walnuts, celery, blue cheese, and then of course buffalo style chicken.
in a word YUM
I’m not sure why it has taken me so long to try and make this spicy buffalo chicken salad at home. With the exception of Stella, we love our buffalo chicken any way we can get it. And with temperature heating up outside, we love to cool things down with a big salad for dinner.
For me, summer break is all about keeping it simple. The chicken fingers do need to be baked, but the rest is about as simple as you can get. Fresh salad greens, a tart granny smith apple, a sprinkle of walnuts and blue cheese, and then a drizzle of litehouse chunky bleu cheese dressing. Fresh foods deserve fresh-tasting dressings that are packed with real ingredients like buttermilk and real blue cheese. This is why you’ll find Litehouse Chunky Bleu Cheese dressing in the refrigerated section a the market.
spicy buffalo chicken salad
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup hot sauce (plus more fore serving)
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 6 cups of mixed salad greens
- 1 granny smith apple, diced
- 1 stalk of celery, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup of crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup Litehouse Chunky Bleu Cheese Dressing
- preheat oven to 400 degrees
- in a large ziptop bag, add the chicken strips and the hot sauce, chill for at least 30 minutes
- combine the bread crumbs, salt, and pepper in a shallow bowl
- remove the chicken strips from the hot sauce (discard sauce) and dredge in the bread crumbs
- lightly mist a rimmed baking sheet with olive oil, add chicken strips
- bake chicken strips 10 minutes, carefully flip, and cook another 5 or 10 minutes (until chicken registers 165 on an instant read thermometer)
- divide the salad greens among 4 plates, top with celery, apples, walnuts,and blue cheese crumbles
- top with chicken strips and then bleu cheese dressing
It’s definitely easier to place the salad greens in a large bowl , add the dressing, and then toss well before adding the other toppings, but I actually prefer to pass the dressing at the table; that way everyone gets the amount they like. Charlie likes a little salad with his dressing 🙂
If blue cheese is not your thing ( Ian is not a big fan) this salad is delicious topped with Litehouse Homestyle Ranch too.
I may have to find a new favorite at jack’s, because I think this spicy buffalo chicken salad is better at home.