soft baked pumpkin chocolate chip cookies
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Happy October 1st!
If you hadn’t already, it is time to get our pumpkin on, starting with these delicious soft baked pumpkin chocolate chip cookies.
I LOVE October. It is by far my most favorite month of the year.
Here in California, it is when we finally start to get fall weather. Today, we even had some rain. Not a lot, but definitely enough to get everyone in a fall state of mind.
I’ve been counting down to fall weather since July!
The kids were thrilled that they got to wear something other than shorts and t-shirts to school today, and I will actually be able to sit in the stands for today’s football game; I’m usually hiding in the one small spot of shade.
This all put me in a serious pumpkin mood. I stocked up on pumpkins for the front porch and mantle and cans of pumpkin for baking.
Be prepared, you are going to see A LOT of pumpkin this month.
What better way to start than with cookies. These soft baked pumpkin cookies are based on my kids favorite soft batch chocolate chip cookies. The pumpkin flavor is there, without being in your face, and with just a hint of cinnamon, these are my idea of what a fall cookie should be.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 box of vanilla instant pudding mix (3.4 ounce)
- 1 cup of butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup of pumpkin, not pumpkin pie filling
- 2 cups of chocolate chips - I used mini chips
- heat oven to 325 degrees
- line baking sheets with parchment paper or silpat baking mats
- sift together the flour, baking soda, cornstarch, cinnamon, salt, and pudding mix
- cream the butter with the sugars until light
- add eggs, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl after each one
- add vanilla, and pumpkin
- slowly add the flour, and fold in chocolate chips
- scoop into rounded tablespoons on lined baking sheets
- bake at 325 degrees for 15 minutes
- cool on baking sheets 5 minutes, and then transfer to a cooling rack
you may also like