slow cooker lemon blueberry bread
think you can’t make bread in the slow cooker? think again, and then start with this slow cooker lemon blueberry bread
some day i’ll have the kitchen of my dreams. i know exactly what it will look like. white, and lots of it. light. bright. most definitely clutter free.
there will be plenty of space for eating, entertaining, and storage (to keep it clutter free)
a desk so that i can work close to where all the action happens. bookshelves built into the island to house my ever growing collection of vintage cookbooks.
and double ovens.
these are a must.
frivolous, maybe. but it is my dream kitchen after all.
for now my lonely single oven will have to do with a little help from the slow cooker.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 2 cups flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- juice from 1 meyer lemon
- 1 cup of sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup of fresh blueberries
- glaze -
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- meyer lemon juice (1 - 2 Tbsp)
- coat slow cooker with non-stick spray
- in a large bowl combine the flour, baking powder, and salt
- whisk the lemon juice, sugar, eggs, melted butter, and yogurt
- add the wet ingredients to the dry, and stir to combine, then gently fold in the blueberries
- spoon batter into the prepared slow cooker
- cover and cook on high 2 hours
- carefully remove the lid (not letting condensation drip onto loaf)
- cool bread on a wire rack
- drizzle with glaze
when baking bread in a slow cooker, it is best to rotate the crock insert (but do not remove the lid), this will prevent burning in some areas. also, using a non-stick spray is essential for easy removal.
bread baked in the slow cooker will not brown as much as an oven baked loaf; if a brown crust is a must for you, pop your loaf under the broiler for a few minutes.
or you can do what I do, and drown it will glaze