slow cooker apple pie french toast
with this easy slow cooker apple pie french toast you can enjoy a weekend breakfast any day of the week
Thank you McCormick for sponsoring this post. Visit your local Wal-Mart to pick up McCormick Good Morning Breakfast for your family!
I hope the New Year is treating you well. Us, well we ushered in the New Year with a round of the flu. I didn’t even make it to see the ball drop, and for me that is a first. Hopefully the worst is behind us and we are on to what is going to be a wonderful year.
I am not really one for making resolutions, but I do begin each year with my wish list of sorts for the next 12 months. For 2018 I would love to see most of our home renovations completed. First up are the floors, doors, and baseboards, and then hopefully a new kitchen and bathrooms. I would also love to re-work my home cleaning schedule so that more gets done daily and I’m not trying to play catch up all weekend long. Finally, my menu planning has gotten very relaxed to put it mildly. With our basketball schedule running the show I have not been great at having meals ready, and we have been doing more than a little eating out when rushing. Even our weekend breakfasts have been less than exciting.
But that is all changing, well as soon as this cold takes a hike. Thanks to McCormick Good Morning we can have weekend worthy breakfasts any day of the week.
And with a slow cooker doing all of the work, the kids can have this apple pie french toast even on busy school mornings.
slow cooker apple pie french toast
- 1 packet Mc Cormick Good Morning Apple Cinnamon French Toast Slow Cooker Breakfast Seasoning Mix
- 1 cup of milk
- 12 large eggs
- ½ cup apple pie filling (or apple butter, or 1 thinly sliced apple sautéed in 1 Tbsp butter with 2 Tbsp brown sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon – sauté until soft)
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 loaf of bread, I prefer to use challah or brioche, but Italian works well also, cut into cubes
- Spray the bowl of your 5-6 qt slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray
- Whisk together the milk, eggs, sugar, and vanilla (if using apple butter whisk that in as well)
- If using apple pie filling or fresh sautéed apples toss them with the cubed bread, then place bread in the slow cooker
- Pour over the milk and eggs, and stir to coat the bread cubes
- Place a clean towel over the top of the slow cooker, then place on the lid (this is to prevent the crust from getting soggy)
- Cook on high for 2 hours
- Serve hot with freshly whipped cream and maple syrup
Thank goodness for my slow cooker, I use it nearly every day. Slow cookers are the family way of putting easy and convenient meals together. The Good Morning Slow Cooker seasoning packets add fresh and rich flavor to any egg casserole or French toast. You wouldn’t need to add anything else, but I love the way the extra apple added a whole new level of flavor to our french toast.
Even with the holidays behind us, mornings are busy. Between getting ready for the workday and getting the kids ready for school and sports, there isn’t much time to create a flavorful, fulfilling breakfast your family deserves. McCormick Good Morning breakfast is a break through line of products to help you do just that. A few minutes of prep and your slow cooker does the rest. I make a batch of this french toast in the evening, and then in the morning it just needs a quick warm-up. Stella has even been known to have french toast for an after school snack.
You can find your own McCormick Good Morning Slow Cooker breakfast seasoning mix here
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.