Raw Asparagus Salad
I love the spring for SO many reasons.
It’s not too hot.
It’s not too cold.
Then, you cannot forget about
To say I love asparagus would be a huge understatement.
I could eat it everyday while it’s in season,
and never get tired of it.
In the past we’ve grilled it
wrapped it in bacon,
but we’ve never eaten it raw.
We were missing out.
I saw an asparagus salad recipe in the latest bon appetit, and knew right away that I needed to try something similar.
This salad may now be my favorite way to enjoy those lovely green stalks.
For asparagus lovers, this is a must make.
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- juice of half of a lemon
- drizzle of olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- trim the ends of the asparagus stalks
- shave the stalks with a vegetable peeler
- in a bowl toss the asparagus with the lemon juice and a drizzle of olive oil
- season with salt and pepper to taste
- divide the asparagus among 4 plates
- top with the Parmesan