peppermint hot cocoa
there’s nothing better than relaxing by the fire, Christmas musing playing, and peppermint hot cocoa
I don’t know about you, but I am having a hard time getting going today.
Thanksgiving break has come to an end. We have three weeks ’til Christmas break. In that time we have a birthday for Stella…the BIG 13, mid-terms for Charlie, holiday parties, and packing for Buffalo. Oh and shopping, I still need to shop for the kids. Luckily they keep texting me pictures and even a flip-gram of what they would like; aren’t they sweet to remind me.
My mind had been spinning with all that needs to get done.
But, I am trying NOT to stress. It will all get done, and if it doesn’t I’m sure the world will not come to a crashing halt…
Today as I celebrate cyber Monday, I will crank up the Christmas tunes, drink peppermint hot cocoa, and forget about my to-do list. Well at least until it’s time for the orthodontist.
- 1/3 cup unsweetened quality cocoa powder (Dutch processed)
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 cups whole milk
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Extract
- ½ teaspoon Nielsen-Massey Pure Peppermint Extract
- ¼ teaspoon Nielsen-Massey Pure Chocolate Extract
- In a medium saucepan, combine cocoa powder, sugar and salt. Place over medium-low heat and gradually whisk in milk and half-and-half until combined. Stirring occasionally, heat to desired temperature, being careful not to let the mixture boil. Stir in pure vanilla, peppermint and chocolate extracts.
recipe from Nielsen-Massey