One-Pot Spicy Chicken Linguine
one pot pasta is the perfect meal for busy families
Spicy Chicken Linguine
Hot Hot Hot
Have you hopped on the one-pot pasta express?
I’m on, and I don’t ever want to get off.
It’s one pot
easy breezy clean-up
You really can throw in just about anything, and it tastes great. Can you say clean out the fridge dinner?
Did I mention how EASY it is?
We all loved the one pot linguine with tomatoes and chard, but it was time to heat things up. Having kids with VERY active social lives does have it’s advantages.
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 Fresno chili diced
- 12 ounces linguine
- 1 14 ounce can of diced tomatoes
- 1 cup of milk
- 3 1/2 cups of water
- Heat the oil in a large straight sided pot
- season the chicken with the salt, and pepper
- add the chicken and cook until well browned and cooked through
- remove the chicken from the pot, slice once it is cool enough to handle
- add a bit more olive oil if needed to the pot
- in the pot add the onion, garlic, and all three peppers
- cook 2 - 3 minutes, until the veggies begin to soften a bit
- add the linguine, diced tomatoes along with their juices, the milk, and water
- Bring the pot to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes
- The noodles should be cooked through, and most of the liquid will have been absorbed
- Add the chicken back to the pot, stir until it has warmed
- Serve with Parmesan cheese
You might also like//