grilled pork tenderloin with cheesy baked rice and vegetables
fire up those grills! grilled pork tenderloin with cheesy baked rice and vegetables is a meal the whole family will love
Can I just say I am SO sad to see our summer coming to an end. We have just about 3 weeks before the crazy school schedule begins, and to say I am not ready is an understatement. This has been the best summer ever!!
We have really been enjoying the pool. The dogs love our trips to swim in the lake, and Stella and I have been staying up WAY too late watching diy, home renovation, and cooking shows. We have even had a few food competitions of our own.
So I was definitely up for the Chopped at Home Grill Masters Challenge. The round three basket includes pork tenderloin, cherry or grape tomatoes which we have on hand at all times in the summer, broccoli, and Sargento Chef Blends 4 State Cheddar.
I was a bit stumped at first, but decided to stick with a classic grilled pork tenderloin simply rubbed with salt,pepper, and some garlic powder. Along with the broccoli and tomatoes, I sauted up some shallots, garlic, zucchini and summer squash. Add to that rice and of course cheese. Lots and lots of 4 state cheddar cheese from Sargento.
The rice gets baked while the pork is on the grill and the entire meal is ready in about 30 minutes. How’s that for fast and easy, not to mention delish!!
- for the pork -
- 2 - 1lb tenderloins, trimmed of fat
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- for the rice -
- 4 cups of cooked rice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large shallot diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 cup of chopped broccoli
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 summer squash, diced
- 1 cup of cherry or grape tomatoes, quartered
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups of Sargento shredded 4 state cheddar cheese
- heat grill (or grill pan) over medium high heat'
- season pork with salt, pepper, and garlic powder
- grill pork 10 minutes per side, cover and let rest 10 minutes before cutting (pork should reach 155 degrees before removing from grill)
- while the pork is on the grill heat oven to 350 degrees
- in a large pan heat oil over medium heat
- add the shallot and garlic and saute until they begin to soften (about 2 minutes)
- add the broccoli, zucchini, and summer squash, and cook 5 minutes
- add the tomatoes and cook another 3 minutes
- check for seasoning (add salt and pepper to taste)
- mix the vegetables, and 1 cup of the cheese into the cooked rice
- spoon rice into a casserole dish and top with the remaining cheese
- bake rice 20 minutes
- slice the tenderloins and serve with the cheesy rice and vegetables
Are you ready to compete like a Chopped champion? You could win $10,000 AND a trip to New York City for a private cooking lesson in the Food Network Kitchen.
Just fill your basket with the required goodies, for Round 3 those are
Sargento® Chef Blends 4 State Cheddar
Cherry or Grape Tomatoes and
then get grilling! Visit the food network chopped at home contest page for all the details and to submit your winning recipe.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Sargento. The opinions and text are all mine.