flourless hot cocoa cookies
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
it’s that special time of year
when it becomes completely acceptable to eat cookies morning, noon, and night
starting with these delicious flourless hot cocoa cookies
With Thanksgiving behind us, and my parents safely headed back to South Carolina, it’s time for Christmas baking central to be open for business. I have a feeling I could bake all day every day and still not get done everything that I want to.
I’ve already started the candy making, and I need to gift these turtles before they disappear, but this is my first official batch of Christmas cookies. Since the flourless mint chocolate cookies were such a hit with the kids, I wanted to try another flourelss cookie; that fudgy center is hard to beat.
These hot cocoa cookies are a cinch to get together. I just swapped hot cocoa mix for the cocoa powder in the original recipe, and well hot cocoa needs marshmallow, so I added a cup of marshmallow bits.
** the marshmallow bits are sticky so even if you use a silpat mat or parchment paper, you will still want to butter the mats or paper a bit
Add all the ingredients to a bowl; you can even get crazy and add them out of order, it doesn’t matter a bit! Mix, scoop, and bake; NO chilling, NO rolling, NO cutting No frosting, I am SO not good at the frosting
making these my new favorite for holiday baking
easy is GOOD
- 2 cups of powdered sugar
- 1 cup of hot cocoa mix
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 cup of Jet Puffed marshmallow bits
- pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees
- line two baking sheets with silpat mats or parchment paper- butter mats or parchment
- combine all cookie ingredients except the marshmallow bits, and mix until smooth
- fold in marshmallows
- drop dough by Tbsp onto prepared sheets
- bake 10 - 12 minutes, rotating pans halfway through the baking time
- cool on baking sheets
- be careful when removing the cookies from sheets, the centers are fudgy