easy raspberry ricotta cake
cake for breakfast
if it’s this easy raspberry ricotta cake
It isn’t very often that I make something exactly as it is in the recipe.
But this cake, as soon as I saw it in bon appetit, I knew it had to be made.
It’s raspberry, and ricotta, and SO easy. And anytime you can have cake for breakfast, well how can you pass that up. With just a few simple ingredients, I really didn’t have to, or want to, change a thing.
So I made the cake as is, and the batter alone was heavenly. My kitchen smelled amazing. I couldn’t and didn’t wait for it to cool to grab a slice.
Do yourself a favor and make this cake; you won’t be sorry. Well maybe if you eat half of it like I did, and you’ll be spending the better part of a week on the treadmill working it off, you’d be sorry. I’m not even that sorry, it was worth the sore ankles and knees.
And just in case you have not read the march issue of bon appetit (which you should because it is all about the comfort food)
here’s the recipe
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup of frozen raspberries, divided
- pre-heat the oven to 350 F.
- line a 9" cake pan with parchment, and spray with cooking spray
- whisk together the flour sugar baking powder, and salt
- in another bowl whisk together the eggs, ricotta, and vanilla - whisk until smooth
- fold the ricotta into the dry ingredients, and fold in the melted butter
- VERY gently fold in 3/4 cup of the frozen berries
- spread the cake batter into your pan, and scatter the remaining 1/4 cup berries over the top
- bake @350 for 50 - 60 minutes
- cool at least 20 minutes before removing from cake pan
Of course you don’t have to eat your raspberry ricotta cake for breakfast like I did, it makes a delicious dessert too!
cake from friends –
you may also enjoy