chicken fajita rice bowl
thank you to Minute® Rice for sponsoring this post
leftover chicken fajita + Minute® Rice brown rice = a delicious chicken fajita rice bowl meal ready in just minutes
I love taco Tuesday. Not only is it the one meal I can count on the kids happily eating, but it also usually leaves plenty of leftovers.
Now that the weather is SO nice, and we spend most of our time on the deck, any night when I can use leftovers to make dinner prep faster, getting us back outside faster, I am a happy girl.
Me, I could eat the same thing a few nights in a row, no complaints at all; the rest of the family doesn’t exactly see it that way, so each week I try to turn our taco Tuesday leftovers into something completely different.
Taco salads are a fast and easy way to use leftovers, but we’ve been eating a lot of salad lately, so I didn’t think the kids would be thrilled to see another on the table. But rice bowls could be just as easy, and using Minute® Rice brown rice, almost as fast.
We eat a lot of brown rice, but usually it takes almost an hour to cook, Minute® Rice brown rice is ready in just 10 minutes with similar nutritional values as regular long cooking brown rice, making it a pantry staple for us.
In the 10 minutes it took to cook the rice, I warmed up the fajita chicken, diced a few tomatoes, sliced a jalapeno, shredded some cheese, and got out the salsa, guacamole, and sour cream. When the rice was ready, so was I. Chicken fajita rice bowls ready in less than 20 minutes, and we were back on the deck before sunset.
- for the slow cooker fajita chicken -
- 1 lb boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
- fajita seasoning ( 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp chili powder, 1/4 tsp garlic powder, 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper,1/4 tsp paprika, and 1/4 tsp cumin)
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 red bell peppers, sliced
- Minute Rice brown rice
- toppings - shredded cheddar, diced tomatoes, slice jalapeno, salsa, guacamole, sour cream
- to make the fajita chicken -
- combine the spices, and coat chicken breasts
- in a slow cooker, place the onion, bell peppers, and top with the chicken
- cook on low 6 hours
- shred chicken
- for the rice bowl -
- warm up the chicken (if prepared on another day)
- prepare rice as directed on box (1 cup per 2 servings)
- top rice with chicken, shredded cheese, tomatoes, sour cream, guacamole, peppers, or your favorite toppings
For recipe ideas and special offers from Minute® Rice straight sent to your inbox, join The Riceipe Club® by signing up at Minute® Rice
Learn more about all the Minute® Rice products here
now on to the giveaway
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Minute® Rice