brownie stuffed chocolate chip cookies
brownie stuffed chocolate chip cookies, because sometimes you don’t want to have to choose
last week Stella got the last of her braces put on, the four back brackets and then of course they tightened her wires. her mouth was pried open for about 45 minute, and the kid didn’t even flinch. she is one tough cookie.
but by the time we got home from soccer, I could tell her mouth was aching.
i always try to make sure we have ice cream at home for ortho appointment days. after 9 years of my own appointments and 3 or 4 years in braces, I can remember what if feels like.
and it doesn’t feel good.
because you can’t pack ice cream in a lunch box, I made Stella super soft, GIANT brownie stuffed chocolate chip cookies.
these are serious cookies.
start with your favorite brownie recipe, bake in a 13 x 9 baking dish and under-bake them by about 15 minutes. the idea is to have super soft and fudgy center.
cut them into small circles (I used a small glass for this)
while your brownies are baking, make your chocolate chip cookie dough
scoop a 2 Tbsp size ball, flatten and place your brownie on top
top with 2 Tbsp of cookie dough, flattened
roll into a ball, place on parchment or silpat lined baking sheets, and chill 30 minutes
bake cookies at 375 degrees for about 12 minutes (rotate baking sheets halfway through baking time)
cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes, then move to a rack
- bake brownies, cool and then cut 10 small circles
- prepare cookie dough
- scoop by 2 tbsp (you will need 4 Tbsp per cookie)
- press 2 Tbsp into a disc, top with a brownie, then top with 2 Tbsp of cookie dough
- roll into a ball, making sure to press seams firmly together
- place cookies on baking sheets, and chill for 30 minutes
- pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
- bake cookies 12 minutes (cookie will be golden, edges crisp, and centers should just be set)
- cool on baking sheets 5 minutes and them carefully move to a rack
- cookies are delicious served warm
** if you don’t want a gooey center, bake your cookies for a few extra minutes, we happen to be big fans of the super soft, slightly under-baked center. you will have brownies left over, but when has that ever been a problem? brownie trifle anyone
i always choose brownies over cookies, but now i don’t think I’ll ever be able to eat a cookie not stuffed with a brownie.