nutella filled banana bread bars
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
made with fruit, whole grains, and nutella,
these nutella filled banna bread bars make a delicious after school snack you can feel good about
I’m not sure exactly what goes on during my kids’ school day.
Maybe, they are running marathons
Training for the Olympics perhaps
Battling zombies, who knows
quite possibly, they just are not eating their lunches, this scenario probably makes the most sense
either way, they come home
like they haven’t seen food in days starving
eat a dozen bananas and a pint of yogurt starving
demolish a bag of tortillas chips in less than a minute starving
I’m sure you get the idea
If I’m not prepared with snacks, they will eat anything they can find, and the junkier the better. They are teens after all.
These banana bread bars are full of good stuff like fruit and grains, but all they see is the nutella. I get to feel good about their snack, and they get to think they are getting one over on me.
Total win win; the kids are fed and happy, and that helps them to conquer the horrors of common core math homework.
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, cold, cut into tbsp, size pieces
- 2 ripe bananas, well mashed
- 3/4 cup nutella
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- combine the flours, brown sugar, and salt
- cut int the butter - until you have small pea size crumbles
- stir in the mashed banana
- divide the dough in half
- press half of the dough into a well greased 13x9 baking dish
- spread the dough with nutella
- sprinkle on the remaining dough, and press down lighlty
- bake 35 - 40 minutes
- cool and then cut into bars
adapted from Two Peas and Their Pod
snacks from friends –
you may also enjoy