Apple Cinnamon French Toast Bake
make your weekend mornings that much sweeter
apple cinnamon french toast bake is easy and delicious
I love making breakfast, especially on the weekends when we’re not all running off in three different directions. It’s the one meal that my kids never complain about, unless I give them cereal.
Lately, I have been craving cinnamon, so when I found a french toast bake from Pillsbury made with cinnamon rolls, I knew I’d have to try it. Unlike a lot of french toast bakes, this one doesn’t need to sit overnight, making it so easy to get together in the morning. By the time every one is out of bed, it’s on the table.
I had a few jars of apple sauce left, so I added that to the cream and eggs, and reduced apple cider makes a delicious syrup to put over the top. Of course my kids still love to add plenty of maple syrup on top of the icing. It can never be too sweet for them.
This french toast bake is what weekend morning were made for.
- 1/4 cup of butter, melted
- 2 cans of refrigerated cinnamon rolls
- 1/2 cup cream
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup of apple cider
- pre-heat the oven to 375
- in a small sauce pan, bring the apple cider to a boil, reduce the heat and cook until reduced to 1/2 cup
- pour melted butter in a 9 x13 casserole dish
- remove the cinnamon roll from the tube, and cut each into 8 pieces
- whisk together the cream, eggs, apple sauce, cinnamon, and nutmeg
- place the cinnamon roll bits on top of the butter, and cover with the cream. mixture
- pour the reduced apple cider on top
- bake 20 - 25 minutes
- drizzle with the icing from the cinnamon rolls, and serve with warm with maple syrup